Capstone – Project Charter
Design On-Boarding Package for New Board Members
A Collaboration Between
- Attain a deep understanding of nonprofit governance as well as best practices to recruit, inform, and engage Board of Directors.
- Engage with a wide-range of constituents and discuss their unique perspective on the nonprofit sector and the importance of supporting grassroots nonprofits focused on developing the social emotional intelligence of NYC youth.
- Understand how to develop an on-boarding process for new talent.
- This opportunity is open to students that have an affinity for mission-driven outcomes and youth-focused missions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Design skills preferred but not mandatory
Company Supervising Team
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||College of Business|
|Course||2019 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMPACT)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2019 - 03/05/2019)|
|Departments Involved||Org Culture, D&I|
PR & Communications
There are currently no students assigned.
October 30, 2019
Collaboration request published. Companies may express interest in participating.
January 2, 2020
School faculty will begin interviewing interested companies and discuss project ideas.
February 2, 2020
Final date for companies to express interest in participating.
February 17, 2020
School faculty and project champion finalize project charter, legal documents, and background materials.
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to kickoff the project.
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to close the project.
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 8, 2018 - Requirements & Guiding Questions
- What materials does a board member need when they’re new?
- Need to develop a standard management reporting package
- Analyze the existing materials and organize in a way that’s digestible
- Provide an overview of the tools used by Youth Inc
- Should ideally train new board members on the operations of the business
- Should be easy to update in the future
- Should be one cover-page overview of all materials included (and who you can go to for each of those areas)
- Should consider and possibly incorporate the role of technology in board on-boarding
Provide a detailed report and recommendations based on the information above.