Capstone – Project Charter
Help a Fast-Growing Food Service App Prepare for Growth
A Collaboration Between
Company Supervising Team
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University Of Maryland|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||MBA Strategy - Robert H. Smith School of Business|
|Course||UMD MBA Strategy Engagement|
|Meeting Day & Time||Weekly Monday and Wednesday 3-5|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Duration||16 weeks (1517029200 - 1526356800)|
|Departments Involved||Growth Strategy|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
January 27, 2017
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: We'll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to kickoff the project.
May 15, 2017
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: We'll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to close the project.
June 15, 2017
Collaboration request published. Companies may express interest in participating.
August 15, 2017
School faculty will begin interviewing interested companies and discuss project ideas.
September 15, 2017
Final date for companies to express interest in participating.
November 15, 2017
School faculty and project champion finalize project charter, legal documents, and background materials.
Key Milestones & Project Process
February 15, 2018 - Part 1: Business Model & Growth Plan Analysis
- Before you begin your deep analysis, HUNGRY wants to get you up-to-speed on their company, their product, their industry, and their growth plan.
- The key takeaway is to understand how the company is currently positioned and how they plan to scale the business over the next few years.
- Do you agree with their growth strategy? What if anything would you change? Is it worth performing an analysis on these alternatives before you get started?
Present an initial analysis of HUNGRY’s business model and provide any relevant suggestions that HUNGRY can look into to help improve their existing Business Model & Plans and bolster expansion efforts.
March 15, 2018 - Part 2: Financial Analysis & Projections
- HUNGRY wants help building a flexible financial model that can provide their upper level management and investors with more insight into the business. The team is ultimately looking to set goals for the next few years and wants to best understand how the different cost and revenue components tie to each other as the business scales.
- HUNGRY is particularly interested in seeing how their growth plans will pan out from a financial perspective. How will expanding into other cities will impact their financial performance?
- The company also wants to understand how different levels of revenues and profitability will impact their overall valuation down the road. They hope that this analysis will be useful for their future fundraising strategy.
Work with the HUNGRY team to help them draft a financial model taking into account their specific needs projection requirements. There are various moving parts to HUNGRY’s business and HUNGRY would liek to use this model to help understand where they can cut costs, optimize processes and ultimatley scale more effectively.
April 15, 2018 - Part 3: Assembly of Launch Playbook
- Since the HUNGRY growth plan includes spreading into other cities, the company wants your help creating an official Launch Playbook.
- Who are the various stakeholders/resources involved when launching operations in new cities? What information do they need in order to get up-to-speed?
- What components should every launch plan include – think: marketing, sales, chef on-boarding, and delivery logistics.
- What assets and training need to be included for any launch to go smoothly?
- HUNGRY’s management wants you to begin organizing/mapping out this effort as they begin setting the groundwork to launch in other cities.
Produce a draft Launch Playbook that HUNGRY can use when launching in new markets.
The format for this document is unspecified and teams are encourage to be creative.
May 15, 2018 - Part 4: Final Presentation
- HUNGRY wants a comprehensive overview of the work that was done. This should also include any recommended follow-on work if they wish to build on your initiatives.
Using the work done in Parts 1-3, develop a presentation to provide HUNGRY with a detailed overview of your findings and Final Deliverables. Be sure to include actionable next steps so the work products are useful to HUNGRY.