Capstone – Project Charter
Market analysis of sports gaming industry in North America
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 8601 Six Forks Road, Suite 201, Raleigh NC 27614
- Project open for all students; no requirements.
- Building out a detailed market analysis with competitive breakdown, global view and revenue forecasting are essential skills in creating a business plan.
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMMERSE)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Sales & Business Development|
Software Design & Development
There are currently no students assigned.
November 11, 2019
Alice Obermiller, MBA Experiential Learning Program Director, will begin interviewing interested companies and discuss project ideas.
December 20, 2019
Final date for companies to express interest in participating.
January 10, 2020
School faculty and project champion finalize project charter, legal documents, and background materials.
January 31, 2020
Student Teams Finalized
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Review global market for sports gaming
- What are the largest and most successful regions? How has the business evolved over the last decade? Most dominant products by region? By Sport?
- Who are the dominant companies by region and by sport? Cross referenced view of previous two
March 4, 2020 - A look at US sports gaming market
- Market look at current status of legislation, both federal and state? Include challenges and success stories for states with enacted regulations.
- What is the addressable market size and forward look at 3 and 5 year projections?
- Competitive analysis of current players?
March 5, 2020 - Opportunity Assessment
- How are users currently participating?
- How will advancements in technology open additional opportunities and/or create risk?
12 and 24 month North American market forecast