Company Supervising Team
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|Engagement Format||Live Case - Class Collaboration or Case Competition - This learning format allows educators to deliver experiential learning to students at scale. Students are often split into groups to work on a live case (or a series of cases) from a real host company that directly relates to key learning objectives.|
|Course||MBA “On-the-Spot” Consulting|
|Meeting Day & Time||Wednesday, April 22nd 3:30 - 6:00 PM ET|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Duration||1 days (1587528000 - 1587528000)|
|Departments Involved||Customer Service|
Product Design & Development
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Research & Development
Sales & Business Development
There are currently no students assigned.
March 25, 2020
Prep Session #1: Case Cracking
April 8, 2020
Prep Session #2: Preparing for On-The-Spot Consulting Program
April 22, 2020
Official "On-the-Spot" Consulting Program: Wednesday, April 22nd 3:30 – 6:00 PM ET
3:30 – 4:00: Introduction to Floe's Products, Business Model, and Marketing Strategy
- What makes Floe Oral Care’s product and business model unique?
- Who are Floe’s biggest competitors?
- What the size of the market?
- How/where are the products manufactured?
- How are the products distributed?
- How does Floe price their products?
- Who are Floe’s target customers and why?
- What social media outlets does Floe currently use? How much success have the had to-date?
- Consider: Demographics, Psychographics, and Geographic (UK?) implications
4:00 – 5:00: Student Brainstorming & Organize Results
5:00 – 5:45: 5-minute Brief the Audience on Results
5:45 – 6:00: Floe Executive & Facilitator Debrief