Capstone – Project Charter
Marketing + Product Design for Non-profit Earned Income Stream
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 2223 Singleton Blvd. Suite 140, Dallas, TX 75212
- Familiarity with online learning platforms and instructional design is a plus!
LEARNING OBJECTIVESStudents will learn about:
- The complexities and challenges of learning how to teach reading
- The challenges faced by small organizations with limited resources, especially non-profits
- How to develop an actionable implementation plan
- The landscape of existing online learning platforms and services
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||College of Business|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMPACT)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Product Design & Development|
Research & Development
There are currently no students assigned.
January 19, 2020
Student Teams Finalized. Companies provided with final roster of students that will be visiting your office to work on the interterm project.
February 7, 2020
Companies will send a formal welcome/on-boarding email to students to get them excited and ramped up for the project, which should include any pre-work/pre-reading. We’ll provide you with a template you can use when we notify you of your student roster.
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Interview Key Staff
- Learn about needs of R2L Coaching team
- Understand more about pros/cons of existing online literacy courses
- Develop a rubric for evaluating online learning platforms
Rubric for evaluating platforms, which considers cost, ease of use, maintenance and other pertinent requirements
March 4, 2020 - Research existing online platforms
- Use rubric to evaluate existing online platforms
A summary report of research
March 4, 2020 - Research instructional design learning oppportunties
R2L staff will likely need to learn more about the tenants of instructional design in order to create enaging and effective online learning content. MBA students will research and evaluate available offerings and present findings in summary report.
- Summary report of findings
March 5, 2020 - Product Development RoadmapCreate a product roadmap including assessment of time, budget, and resources required to get the product to market.
- Product roadmap