Capstone – Project Charter
Marketing Strategy of the omni-channel marketplace HiO
A Collaboration Between
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Long Island University C.W. Post (LIU Post)|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Course||LIU IQ – Honors Consulting Seminar|
|Meeting Day & Time||Mondays 2-5|
|Student Time Commitment||15-30 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||1 Hour|
|Duration||12 weeks (09/22/2020 - 11/27/2020)|
There are currently no students assigned.
September 23, 2020
4:30 – 5:30 PM ET – – OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to kickoff the project.
December 8, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to close the project before final exams start for the LIU students.
Key Milestones & Project Process
October 6, 2020 - Deep Dive on HiO Product Catalogue and Current Target Audience Profile
- What kind of products does HiO support?
- What makes these products unique and different?
- Where are these products sourced from?
- What can you learn about each of the brands to better understand the marketplace and key clientele?
Develop a presentation showcasing what you’ve learned about the HiO marketplace and product catalogue
October 20, 2020 - Establish Current 'HiO Customer Avatar'
- Who is currently visiting / purchasing from HiOs marketplace?
- Where do they find out about HiO?
- What demographic, psychographic, and geographic profiles are included in the target audience?
- What volume is HiO currently working with?
- What household income is currently included in the demographic?
- HiO will provide access to the students to our current list of ‘HiO fans’
- HiO will provide access to Google Analytics and Social Media Analytics
Create a presentation showcasing a well defined ‘Customer Avatar’ including all relevant parameters
November 17, 2020 - Build Marketing Strategy based on Target Customer Avatar
- What digital marketing initiatives might work well for HiO based on their target audience?
- Consider email marketing, social media marketing, paid ads, snail mail, etc.
Please prepare a proposed marketing plan for initial feedback
December 15, 2020 - Propose Comprehensive Marketing Strategy for HiO
- What is the final marketing plan?
- What is included in the plan?
- What is the timeline for the marketing plan?
- What is the projected cost of the marketing plan?
- What is the potential Return on Investment (ROI) if the marketing plan is successful?
- What marketing assets are required to launch?
- What marketing channels will you be using?
- How will you measure success?
Present comprehensive marketing plan