Capstone – Project
Develop a Marketing Plan As Part of Strategic Planning Process
A Collaboration Between
Quixote Center was founded in 1976 as a multi-issue social justice center in the Catholic social justice tradition. The Center has a very loyal donor base that has sustained the organization but the donor network has contracted in recent years. Over the next several months, the plan is to have a board-level mission discussion and then to develop an organization-wide strategic plan. As part of that process, we would like to consider how to engage new constituents and think at a deeper level about who we would like to engage - in short, a marketing plan for the Center for at least the next year with some suggestions over the next 5 years.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 7307 Baltimore Ave., Suite 214, College Park, MD 20740
- Some knowledge of non-profit donor market analysis would be valuable.
- Develop an understanding of non-profit donor segmentation and cultivation.
- Identify untapped constituencies or expansion opportunities and suggest approaches to engagement of those groups.
- Consider social enterprise revenue strategies, such as impact investment, and analyze whether there are potential opportunities of this sort and how such opportunities might also be marketed.
- Identify potential gaps in skill sets, technology platforms, or other areas where the organization might strategically invest to advance marketing goals.
PR & Communications
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
|Hiring Potential||Follow-on Projects, Formal Internship|
The Quixote Center is a multi-issue social justice organization. We work with partner organizations to bring about lasting systemic change in the Americas. We stand in solidarity and friendship with those who seek to improve the lives of the very poor, and provide guidance, technical assistance, and funding to support their work and allow their movements and programs to mature and take hold. We rely on the support of likeminded people who recognize the need for structural changes in an increasingly unequal global society.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in consulting teams of 3-5 directly with faculty and client liaisons on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
March 2, 2020 - Profile Current Donor Network
- Who is currently supporting the work of the Quixote Center?
- What are these people like? What do we know about them?
- What don’t we know about them?
A donor profile report that offers meaningful segmentation for all donors over the past 5 years on an annual basis, showing total number of donors, average gift, and total giving by segments and by year.
March 3, 2020 - Peer Organization Market Analysis
- Who else is doing work similar to that of the Quixote Center?
- What are those organizations like, in terms of size, programs?
- What marketing segments are these organizations targeting?
- What channels are these organizations employing?
Marketing strategy list and ranked recommendations.
March 4, 2020 - Applied Analysis
- What kinds of materials and channels are Quixote Center using?
- Are there any gaps between what Quixote Center and their peer organizations are doing that might be replicable?
- Are there any strategies that the Quixote Center could consider or new segments for outreach?
A marketing plan that recommends segments, channels, and strategies to develop in the upcoming 5 years.
There are no resources currently available
There are currently no students assigned.