Capstone – Project Charter
Angela’s House Home Store – A new social enterprise on Long Island
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- Students will be on site at the Angela's House Home Store. Address is: 2052 Route 112, Medford, NY 11763.
- There are no pre-reqs required for this position, however interest/experience in marketing and social media advertising would be helpful.
- Students will learn about the landscape of non-profits on Long Island, NY.
- Students will know how to design a social media marketing strategy to gain new corporate donors (companies in the construction/building/appliance/real estate industries), including content and audience.
- Students will know how to design a social media marketing strategy to gain new individual donors (people who have new/gently used items in their home that they would like to donate), including content and audience.
- Students will know how to design a social media marketing strategy to gain new followers, that will ideally translate to new shoppers.
- Students will identify other marketing strategies that are beneficial and cost-effective to a fledgling non-profit.
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||College of Business|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMPACT)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Data Management|
There are currently no students assigned.
January 19, 2020
Student Teams Finalized. Companies provided with final roster of students that will be visiting your office to work on the interterm project.
February 7, 2020
Companies will send a formal welcome/on-boarding email to students to get them excited and ramped up for the project, which should include any pre-work/pre-reading. We’ll provide you with a template you can use when we notify you of your student roster.
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site