Capstone – Project Charter
Analyzing Sales Channels to Grow Fast Casual Cuban Concept
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 21430 Epicerie Plaza, Sterling VA 20164
- Project is open to all students. Some restaurant experience is a plus!
- If successful, what will the students learn?
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMMERSE)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Growth Strategy|
Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Sales & Business Development
There are currently no students assigned.
November 11, 2019
Alice Obermiller, MBA Experiential Learning Program Director, will begin interviewing interested companies and discuss project ideas.
December 20, 2019
Final date for companies to express interest in participating.
January 10, 2020
School faculty and project champion finalize project charter, legal documents, and background materials.
January 31, 2020
Student Teams Finalized
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Learn More About Colada Shop Model
- What makes Colada Shop Unique?
- How do the 2 stores differ from one another?
- What KPIs are they tracking? Why?
- Who’s their typical customer?
Prepare for a meeting with Colada Shop’s leadership team
March 3, 2020 - Explore Growth Opportunities for Colada Shop
- What partnerships and new sales channels might exist for Colada Shop?
- How do they boost sales during down time?
- What audience should they be targeting more aggressively? Why?
- How do they reach them?
Present growth strategies and suggest the top three you’d like to focus on
March 5, 2020 - Build Growth Strategy Plan
- Why did you choose this growth strategy?
- How is this going to benefit the business?
- What key stakeholders and other resources are required?
- Is this going to be profitable? What are the cost implications?
- How should Colada Shop proceed with the selected growth strategy?
Present growth strategy plan and final recommendations