Capstone – Project Charter
Develop a Marketing Plan As Part of Strategic Planning Process
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 7307 Baltimore Ave., Suite 214, College Park, MD 20740
- Some knowledge of non-profit donor market analysis would be valuable.
- Develop an understanding of non-profit donor segmentation and cultivation.
- Identify untapped constituencies or expansion opportunities and suggest approaches to engagement of those groups.
- Consider social enterprise revenue strategies, such as impact investment, and analyze whether there are potential opportunities of this sort and how such opportunities might also be marketed.
- Identify potential gaps in skill sets, technology platforms, or other areas where the organization might strategically invest to advance marketing goals.
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||College of Business|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMPACT)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Growth Strategy|
PR & Communications
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
There are currently no students assigned.
January 19, 2020
Student Teams Finalized. Companies provided with final roster of students that will be visiting your office to work on the interterm project.
February 7, 2020
Companies will send a formal welcome/on-boarding email to students to get them excited and ramped up for the project, which should include any pre-work/pre-reading. We’ll provide you with a template you can use when we notify you of your student roster.
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Profile Current Donor Network
- Who is currently supporting the work of the Quixote Center?
- What are these people like? What do we know about them?
- What don’t we know about them?
A donor profile report that offers meaningful segmentation for all donors over the past 5 years on an annual basis, showing total number of donors, average gift, and total giving by segments and by year.
March 3, 2020 - Peer Organization Market Analysis
- Who else is doing work similar to that of the Quixote Center?
- What are those organizations like, in terms of size, programs?
- What marketing segments are these organizations targeting?
- What channels are these organizations employing?
Marketing strategy list and ranked recommendations.
March 4, 2020 - Applied Analysis
- What kinds of materials and channels are Quixote Center using?
- Are there any gaps between what Quixote Center and their peer organizations are doing that might be replicable?
- Are there any strategies that the Quixote Center could consider or new segments for outreach?
A marketing plan that recommends segments, channels, and strategies to develop in the upcoming 5 years.