Company Supervising Team
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Long Island University C.W. Post (LIU Post)|
|Engagement Format||Live Case - Class Collaboration or Case Competition - This learning format allows educators to deliver experiential learning to students at scale. Students are often split into groups to work on a live case (or a series of cases) from a real host company that directly relates to key learning objectives.|
|Course||Fashion Merchandising Branding & Marketing|
|Meeting Day & Time||Thursdays 2:00 - 4:40 PM|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Duration||14 weeks (09/02/2020 - 12/03/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Account Management|
Product Design & Development
Sales & Business Development
There are currently no students assigned.
July 31, 2020
Finalize Project Scope
August 3, 2020
Company Application Deadline
October 5, 2020
December 11, 2020
Key Milestones & Project Process
September 24, 2020 - Deep Dive on Current Product Catalogue and Target Audience for Herve Leger
Review this background information:
- Herve Leger Brand Book
- Herve Leger Board Deck
- Herve Leger Instagram
- Herve Leger Website
Consider these questions:
- What’s the history of Herve Leger?
- What types of products does Herve Leger currently sell?
- What’s the price point?
- Who is the target audience?
- Who are the main competitors?
Prepare a presentation showcasing your understanding of Herve Leger’s products, target market, and competitors.
October 15, 2020 - Team 1: Competitor & Market Analysis; Team 2: Target Market Analysis
- Why does Herve Leger want to launch HERVE ?
- Who is the target audience for HERVE? Consider: Psychographics, demographics, price point, etc.
TEAM 1: Competitor & Market Analysis
- Who are the key competitors for this market segment?
- What does their product catalogue and marketing strategy look like?
- What is the sales and product volume for each of these competitors?
- How do these customers distribute?
- What other criteria can you use to compare HERVE to the market?
- How large is the market size? Gross sales, volume, etc.
TEAM 2: Target Market
- What are the wants and needs of the target customer?
- Where does she shop?
- What does she do in her spare time?
- What is her favorite form of social media?
- What is she looking for in her everyday wardrobe? Think of day and evening.
- How is the Herve customer different than the Herve Leger customer. What makes her unique?
- Think about all aspects of this customer; come up with a few personas for the Herve customer
Team 1: Develop a fully comprehensive market analysis and competitive report Team 2: Develop a brand book for HERVE
November 12, 2020 - Team 1: Distribution Analysis; Team 2: Branding, Marketing and Social Media Strategy
TEAM 1: Distribution Analysis
- How should Herve Leger plan to get their products to customers?
- What are the pricing and cost implications for these options?
- How would HERVE align with the rest of the Herve Leger
- How can you ensure these products would not cannibalize or de-value other Herve products?
- What distributors would be helpful to partner with?
- What types of online and retail curators should HERVE be targeting?
- What would be your strategy to achieve the largest distribution possible?
- What volume of product do you expect HERVE to distribute over 1-3-5 year period if successful?
TEAM 2: Marketing Strategy
- How do you plan to reach your target audience?
- How would you plan to launch the new label?
- What influencers would be a good fit to showcase HERVE’s new products?
- What media outlets might want to cover something like the launch of HERVE?
- What platforms would you use to reach your customers most effectively and why?
- What type of marketing budget would you ask for?
- How would you allocate it across the various mediums?
Team 1: Develop a Distribution Plan Presentation Team 2: Develop a Branding, Marketing and Social Media Strategy Presentation
December 10, 2020 - Finalize Go-To-Market Strategy
- Should Herve Leger Go-To-Market with HERVE?
- How much would it cost to go to market? What budget would you ask for? How would you spend it?
- What are the key product categories you would recommend for Herve?
- What are the key pricepoints?
- What should the initial product catalogue look like?
- Launch ideas
- Possible Collabs?
Develop a go-to-market strategy for HERVE including a final report and presentation. Make sure to establish the business case as to why Herve Leger should launch HERVE.