Capstone – Project Charter
Implementation of Strategic Plan for Federal Construction Firm
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- Headquarters: 2210 W 1st Street Sanford, FL 32771
- 3-5 years work experience is preferred since this would bring real life challenges of organizational buy-in to strategic planning and execution.
- Students will understand the challenges of creating a culture that rewards performance.
- Students will understand how effective cross functional communication strengthens execution.
- Students will help develop a fully integrated dashboard that management will use to grow the business.
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMMERSE)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Customer Service|
Org Culture, D&I
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Sales & Business Development
There are currently no students assigned.
November 11, 2019
Alice Obermiller, MBA Experiential Learning Program Director, will begin interviewing interested companies and discuss project ideas.
December 20, 2019
Final date for companies to express interest in participating.
January 10, 2020
School faculty and project champion finalize project charter, legal documents, and background materials.
January 31, 2020
Student Teams Finalized
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Day 1 - Market Validation
- What is our current market mix and is it optimal?
- What improvements can be made to current bidding process?
- What tools would help us capture more opportunities?
A sales & marketing dashboard with key metrics.
March 3, 2020 - Day 2 - Operational Excellence
- What internal processes can be improved to maximize technical and non-technical resources?
- How can communication be improved between main and field offices?
- What tools would facilitate better project management?
An operational dashboard with key metrics.
March 4, 2020 - Day 3 - Financial Analysis
- Is financial reporting aligned with strategic goals?
- Are the correct financial controls in place to maximize profits?
- Does our incentive plan motivate team performance?
A financial dashboard with key metrics.
March 5, 2020 - Day 4 - Management Recommendations
- What elements are missing from our strategic plan or the FOAMSHIP model to achieve successful adoption?
- What tools are available to maintain a real time corporate dashboard?
- How does organization promote ownership and accountability for results?
Key findings and recommendations for corporate dashboard.