Capstone – Project Charter
New Business Applications for our YEAR AHEAD weather and sales analytics.
A Collaboration Between
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Montclair State University|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||Masters in Business Analytics|
|Students Enrolled||8 Students (Teams of 4 Students per Project)|
|Meeting Day & Time||Tuesdays 7:00 - 8:15|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Duration||14 weeks (01/28/2020 - 04/28/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Data Management|
January 28, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Host Companies to visit class @ 7:00 PM ET.
March 3, 2020
Mid-Term Review: Chance for students, faculty, and company to meet and discuss progress
April 28, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: We’ll find a time on this day to web conference you into our class to close the project.
Key Milestones & Project Process
January 28, 2020 - Get Up-To-Speed on Weather Trends International
- What does Weather Trends International do?
- What types of clients do they serve?
- What types of data do they use?
Prepare for official project kickoff where you’ll have a chance to run through a Q&A with Weather Trends International’s leadership team
February 11, 2020 - Analyze Weather Trends International's Data & Methodology
- What data points are available through Weather Trends International’s platform?
- Explore the data visualization tools available on the platform.
- How are their customers using this data?
- How does Weather Trends International customize the information for different types of clients?
- What are the use cases for the medical field?
Prepare a virtual Q&A session about the Weather Trends International platform and data
March 3, 2020 - Deep Dive on the Relationship Between Weather and Medical Symptoms
- What are the key medical conditions that are correlated with weather?
- Consider looking into: Asthma, Allergies, Eczema
- What causes these medical conditions? Are any weather-related?
- How large is the market associated with these medical conditions?
Present on correlation between weather and certain medical conditions.
April 28, 2020 - How can Weather Trends International Leverage Correlation to Create Product
- What types of organization would be particularly interested in this type of information?
- How would these companies be able to leverage insights from Weather Trends International to better plan ahead?
Prepare a final presentation on the business use-case for Weather Trends International’s data set and medical conditions.