Capstone – Project Charter
Market analysis for mission driven healthcare enrollment company
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- BeneStream Headquarters: 220 East 23rd St Suite 605 New York NY 10010
- A passion for our mission of expanding affordable health coverage to working Americans.
- The student will learn how to prepare a market analysis
- The student will gain deeper understanding of the impacts of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), especially for American workers
- The student will know how to prepare a sales team for growth and scale
- The student will gain an understanding of business development lead generation and sales funnel strategy
Company Supervising Team
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Program||College of Business|
|Course||2020 SPRING – MBA Interterm (IMPACT)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Departments Involved||Growth Strategy|
Sales & Business Development
There are currently no students assigned.
January 19, 2020
Student Teams Finalized. Companies provided with final roster of students that will be visiting your office to work on the interterm project.
February 7, 2020
Companies will send a formal welcome/on-boarding email to students to get them excited and ramped up for the project, which should include any pre-work/pre-reading. We’ll provide you with a template you can use when we notify you of your student roster.
March 2, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT LAUNCH: Students will be on-site working for the week
March 5, 2020
OFFICIAL PROJECT END: Students will present results to company leadership on-site
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 3, 2020 - Understanding of opportunity and determination of target industries
The student will grasp the win-win opportunity that BeneStream offers clients and will begin to determine industries most likely to benefit. The determination of target industries will include analysis of:
- Average length of employee tenure
- Average employee income
- State of residence of employees
- Typical employee household makeup
- Medicaid enrollment rates in states of operation
Create prioritized action plan for narrowing in on business development opportunities.
March 4, 2020 - Persuasion strategy for targets
Begin to answer the question: How should we be pitching our services? This step will require understanding what about our services target clients will find persuasive, categorized by:
- When projected hard-savings is required to close a deal
- When projected soft-savings is sufficient to close a deal
- When our services can be compelling out of a sense of corporate responsibility, even without projected hard or soft-savings ROI
Short written analysis addressing the points above and categorizing opportunities based on primary interest of employer targets.
March 5, 2020 - Lead generation strategy
With the established understanding of our best industry sales targets and their respective needs, the focus will shift to addressing how to get in touch with decision makers. One question to consider will be if we should reorder the actions/steps in our sales funnel.
The goal is to deliver analysis identifying gaps/weaknesses in our current approach. Tell us, what else can we be doing to connect with the right people at the right companies in the right industries?