Live Case – Project
Content Creation and Distribution Analysis and Strategy
A Collaboration Between
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||Montclair State University|
|Engagement Format||Live Case - Think "Hackathon" or Case Competition with a whole class of students! This learning format allows educators to deliver experiential learning to students at scale. Students are often split into groups to work on a live case (or a series of cases) from a real host company that directly relates to key learning objectives.|
|Meeting Day & Time||Saturdays, 9 AM - 12 PM ET|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
October 2, 2019 - Understanding Online Media Industry
- How do successful media companies monetize?
- Where does traffic come from (general)?
- Where does high quality (recurring) traffic come from?
- What tools are being utilized to create and distribute content successfully?
Provide an analysis of best practices in content marketing.
October 9, 2019 - Deep Dive into Company Data
- Use analysis of best practices (deliverable #1) to come up with a list of data points that need to be measured. (AKA Students to brainstorm which metrics are important to measure).
Students to finalize which questions to ask/answer when exploring data.
October 16, 2019 - Deep Dive on Data & OffMetro Business Model
Students to dive into the questions from deliverable #2. Some examples may include:Gaining Readers
- How has the site attracted readers?
- Are there patterns in the types of content that succeed in attracting readers?
- Which distribution method works best in attracting new readers?
- Which articles keep readers on the site?
- Which lead to “Exits” from the site?
- How are users “flowing” through the site? What other learnings can we pull from Google Analytics?
- Which readers are the most valuable (CPM/RPM)?
- Which readers are the most easy to attract
- Which readers are the easiest to retain?
- Which content specifically attracts those high value readers?
- Other relevant questions on targeting readership
- Which channels attract the most readers?
- Which channels attract the most high value readers?
Provide a report on successful and non-successful content types and distribution methods.
October 26, 2019 - Provide Content Strategy Recommendations for offMetro
- Based on an understanding of industry standards and offMetro’s own unique content, what strategies should they put in place to encourage continued growth (of readership)?
- Potential recommendations to include:
- Times to publish
- Length of article
- Use of images, videos, and other multimedia content, etc.
- How can offMetro continue to understand and track successful content?
- Which dashboards / Google Analytics pages were most useful for the students?
- What process would they recommend for pulling and analyzing this information long term?
Provide strategic content recommendations and Google Analytics dashboard recommendations.
There are no resources currently available