- Attain a deep understanding of nonprofit governance as well as best practices to recruit, inform, and engage Board of Directors.
- Engage with a wide-range of constituents and discuss their unique perspective on the nonprofit sector and the importance of supporting grassroots nonprofits focused on developing the social emotional intelligence of NYC youth.
- Understand how to develop an on-boarding process for new talent.
- This opportunity is open to students that have an affinity for mission-driven outcomes and youth-focused missions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Design skills preferred but not mandatory
Org Culture, D&I
PR & Communications
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
March 8, 2018 - Requirements & Guiding Questions
- What materials does a board member need when they’re new?
- Need to develop a standard management reporting package
- Analyze the existing materials and organize in a way that’s digestible
- Provide an overview of the tools used by Youth Inc
- Should ideally train new board members on the operations of the business
- Should be easy to update in the future
- Should be one cover-page overview of all materials included (and who you can go to for each of those areas)
- Should consider and possibly incorporate the role of technology in board on-boarding
Provide a detailed report and recommendations based on the information above.
There are no resources currently available