Capstone – Project
Develop Associate Board of Ambassadors Expansion Strategy
A Collaboration Between
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is looking to nationally scale the Associate Board of Ambassadors (ABOA) strategy they’ve developed in Chicago. The ABOA in Chicago is the largest and most successful board of young up-and-coming leaders that are committed to serving ACS through fundraising and events. The Chicago ABOA currently includes 150 young professionals who raise $500,000 successfully each year. The leadership team in Chicago is excited to work with you to assemble a launch playbook for ABOAs in new markets. They expect you’ll help them analyze why the strategy has been successful in Chicago, how to jumpstart the ABOA program in new markets, identify the markets that are most ripe for an ABOA, establish a set of expectations and rewards for new cities, and ultimately help shed light on how the ABOA strategy will impact the ACS in the mid-to-long term.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 225 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60601
- Open to all students.
- Understanding non-profit fundraising
- Understanding of the ACS non-profit model
- Understanding of how cancer is impacting families in the US
- Understanding of the importance of engagement from young professionals
- Understanding the importance of diversity and inclusiveness
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (03/02/2020 - 03/05/2020)|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
There are currently no students assigned.
Key Project Milestones
March 3, 2020 - Get Up-To-Speed on ACS and the Current Associate Board of Ambassadors (ABOA) in Chicago
- Learn more about the American Cancer Society. What does the organization do?
- Evaluate the current ABOA Model in Chicago?
- Why did they develop an ABOA?
- What works well?
- What can be improved?
- How are young professionals recruited?
- How diverse and inclusive is the ABOA? Consider industry and leadership background/demographics
- Does the ABOA represent the community they serve?
- Where else besides Chicago does the ABOA exist? Why have/haven’t they been successful to-date?
Prepare for executive team interviews from various offices
Prepare for Leadership Interviews from Chicago ABOA
March 4, 2020 - Develop ABOA Expansion Strategy
- How do ACS markets outside of Chicago think about building an ABOA?
- Have they tried? What are some of their challenges?
- How would you roll out an ABOA in a new city?
- How do you think about Diversity and Inclusiveness when building an ABOA?
- How do we set goals for the ABOA in new cities? (Think about short term, mid-term, and long-term goals)
- How do we incentivize the highest performers of the ABOA in a sustainable way? Consider tiered markets and goals based on city-by-city criteria
- What markets seem optimal for launch based on the success in Chicago? Choose 10 and defend your choices
Develop ABOA Growth Strategy and Launch Toolkit for New Cities (With overview of program based on Chicago’s success so far)
March 5, 2020 - What does ABOA look like in 3-5 years if successful?
- What’s the future of the ABOA strategy?
- How do you expect the ABOA Strategy to change and grow over time?
- What resources are needed from ACS to develop this robust ABOA strategy?
- What outcomes will the ABOAs produce related to fundraising, events and more over the next 3-5 years?
Showcase growth and impact of the ABOA strategy on ACS over the mid-to-long term
There are no resources currently available