Capstone – Project
Development of Marketing Plan and Foundation and Corporate Fundraising Strategy and Planning
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 1090 E. 8th Street, Reno, Nevada 89512
- CSA will provide relevant organizational background.
- Interest or experience in marketing, nonprofit administration, or fundraising would be of benefit.
- Students will learn about marketing for nonprofits, including some of the unique challenges nonprofits face such as budgetary restrictions and best practices for utilizing limited funds.
- On the fundraising side, the students will learn about targeted campaigns, identifying potential foundations or corporate sponsors aligned with a particular program or organization type, and practices for developing marking materials for targeted campaigns.
PR & Communications
Research & Development
|Company||Community Services Agency|
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
March 5, 2020 - Marketing Part 1: Analyze CSA's current marketing scheme
Analyze CSA’s current website, social media accounts and marketing.
Narrative analysis of strengths and weaknesses of CSA’s current marketing scheme.
March 5, 2020 - Fundraising Part 1: Analysis and identification of potential funders
Identify potential foundations and corporate sponsors to support CSA and/or a specific CSA program.
List of foundations and corporate sponsors; information on how to apply and when
March 5, 2020 - Marketing Part 2: Development of marketing plan
Compare with other similar organizations in Nevada and across the US, and assist CSA in developing an effective website design and marketing strategy, which could possibly include new website, new marketing brochures, new flyers, etc. This could also include a social media marketing plan/strategy and redesign of CSA’s social media pages.
Narrative marketing plan and sample marketing materials
March 5, 2020 - Fundraising Part 2: Development of Solicitation Letter
Develop a series of standard solicitation letters that can be used solicit donations from individuals and foundations in support of general CSA and CSADC activities, as well as specific programs.
Solicitations letters that can be used and customized for future requests.
March 5, 2020 -
March 5, 2020 -
There are no resources currently available