Capstone – Project
Growth Strategy & Product Roadmap for Special Needs Startup
A Collaboration Between
Education is fundamental to the evolution of progress. The problem is, education today is fundamentally broken, especially for kids with special needs.
Learning and attention issues are far more common than most people think—1 in 5 children in the U.S. have learning and attention issues such as ADHD, mild-autism, and dyslexia. Every year, over 14 million kids with special needs suffer helplessly through their education, and that's just in the United States.
If we say we believe in equal opportunity and we want our students to have the freedom to succeed, then every student should be on an even playing field and able to access the resources they need.
At Smart Course, we believe effective education is the solution to this problem. Everyone should have access to an education that allows them to lead successful lives and help the people they care about.
Smart Course accomplishes this by teaching caregivers and their kids in the most effective way possible using big data, cutting-edge online course software, and the world-leading medical professionals and educators for special needs as instructors.
Whether it’s through free and authoritative video content, online conferences, expert-led online courses, coaching programs, or our collaborative platform for all caregivers of kids with special needs.
By bringing together the best of the best and leveraging technology, we can customize and adapt to student’s diverse personalities, skills, and problems. This way, caregivers can collaborate, see the child’s progress, and iterate accordingly.
This, solves education’s failures, and saves everyone time, money, and painful memories.
We’ve already been endorsed and sponsored by the National Center for Learning Disabilities, CHADD, Additude Magazine, Understood.org, and many other national leaders on learning and attention issues. We’ve also recruited over 40 of the world’s leading experts on ADHD to teach our content and promote us to their audiences. And we’ve changed the lives of over 90,000 families, by helping them cope better with ADHD.
The goal of this project is to help Smart Course develop a B2B2C go-to-market plan, validate our new products, and continue to grow our reach for ADHD and other special needs / learning disabilities.
- Analyzing the market size for the number of people that would require help caregiving for a child’s special needs (between parents, educators, medical professionals, and other caregivers)
- Analyzing the market size for private schools, employers, and healthcare providers that would be willing to include Smart Course’s products as part of their benefits
- Validating our new products with those markets and creating a Product Roadmap
- Creating a go-to-market strategy for our B2B2C model and our newest product, our collaborative platform
- Identifying and recruiting the best key partners and key stakeholders necessary for Smart Course to achieve its ultimate vision
The National Center for Learning Disabilities concluded that:
- 66% of parents of children with special needs struggle to help their child.
- 99% of general education teachers are not taught how to help kids with “different needs”, so teachers are not only hesitant to implement individualized instruction, but they don’t even know how.
- And 75% of these caregivers believe they could do more and want to help their kids succeed.
They just don’t have access to the right tools. So 16.8 million of them waste time, money, and worry every year.
Help us help them and revolutionize the education system around the globe! Want to learn more about Smart Course and help us achieve our ultimate vision? → WATCH THIS VIDEO
- Creating and conducting Customer Discovery surveys, analyzing demographic and psychographic data, and recommending a Product Roadmap
- Analyzing the Education Technology landscape for special needs and suggesting partnerships
- Analyzing the Digital Healthcare landscape for special needs and suggesting partnerships
- Creating a go-to-market strategy for selling our products and services to private schools, governmental education departments, healthcare providers, and as a part of employer health benefits
- Sourcing and pitching industry expert speakers, sponsors, affiliates, publications, and consumers
- Learn more about Growth Strategy, Marketing, PR & Communications, Sales & Business Development, and Operations (using Agile Methodology)
- Learn more about Research & Development, Data Management, and Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal, Regulatory, Compliance
Org Culture, D&I
PR & Communications
Product Design & Development
Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Research & Development
Sales & Business Development
Software Design & Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||CapSource High School Initiative|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
There are no resources currently available
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.