We are interested in following a model based in debt financing that will empower startups with the capital they need, while allowing Next Gen to amass a portfolio of early-stage companies.
Our current vision is to provide startups with the cash they need, but are unable to find in the market (due to a lack of investor desire or additional factors). The goal would be to provide lower, more attractive interest rates, reasonable payback timeframes, unsecured loans,
NextGen as a result develops longstanding relationships with these startups, including repayment of principal, interest, and a certain amount of equity. The companies as a result receive the cash necessary to grow
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- Next Gen HQ
- 530 5th Ave (between 44th and 45th Streets)
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY 10036
- A foundation in the following areas is helpful, though not mandatory:
- If successful, students will…
- Learn the ‘ins-and-outs’ of the venture debt industry — a rising sector of startup investing.
- Explore what programs, firms, accelerators, etc. are currently on the market and available for startups, including which models are performing well and which are falling short.
- Evaluate and measure a startup’s willingness to part with equity for cash, which will be helpful in any profession concerning investing.
- Contribute to a new vertical that may be core to Next Gen’s future.
Product Design & Development
Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||10/14 - 10/17/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Duration||4 days (10/15/2019 - 10/17/2019)|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
There are currently no students assigned.
Key Project Milestones
October 14, 2019 - Entrepreneurial Financing Market Research
- What’s types of creative investment vehicles are out there?
- Crowd Funding vs. Venture Debt vs. Traditional VC Funding
- What are the pros and cons of each financing model?
October 16, 2019 - Establish Plan for Debt Financing
- What benefits do entrepreneurs need?
- Why would this financing model be beneficial to entrepreneurs?
- How would the debt investment need to be structured?
- What legal paperwork is required?
- How would this debt investment be framed/marketed to entrepreneurs?
October 17, 2019 - Risk & Growth Analysis
- How does this model scale?
- What are the risks as we scale?
There are no resources currently available