We are interested in following a model based in debt financing that will empower startups with the capital they need, while allowing Next Gen to amass a portfolio of early-stage companies. Our current vision is to provide startups with the cash they need, but are unable to find in the market (due to a lack of investor desire or additional factors). The goal would be to provide lower, more attractive interest rates, reasonable payback timeframes, unsecured loans, NextGen as a result develops longstanding relationships with these startups, including repayment of principal, interest, and a certain amount of equity. The companies as a result receive the cash necessary to grow
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- Next Gen HQ
- 530 5th Ave (between 44th and 45th Streets)
- 9th Floor
- New York, NY 10036
- A foundation in the following areas is helpful, though not mandatory:
- If successful, students will...
- Learn the 'ins-and-outs' of the venture debt industry -- a rising sector of startup investing.
- Explore what programs, firms, accelerators, etc. are currently on the market and available for startups, including which models are performing well and which are falling short.
- Evaluate and measure a startup's willingness to part with equity for cash, which will be helpful in any profession concerning investing.
- Contribute to a new vertical that may be core to Next Gen's future.
Product Design & Development
Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Sales & Business Development
Next Gen HQ is on a mission to help the Next Generation “win” at work and life. We have created a Leadership Development Platform called Momentum that includes the Community, Education, Resources, and Mentorship these young leaders need to achieve the success they desire. Membership is available to students and young professionals. Growing up, Dylan and Justin, our CEOs, felt a desire to live life on their own terms. Looking for direction, they started asking questions and seeking out peers equally excited about chasing their dreams. In 2014, they started Next Gen HQ to help those just like you and us - young people looking to design the lives they want to live. Nearly a decade later, we serve a community of over 600K students, young professionals, and founders. The journey wasn’t always pretty, but nothing worth doing comes easily. Pursuing your purpose is flat out hard. Though we - like you - believe the journey to be worth it.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
October 14, 2019 - Entrepreneurial Financing Market Research
- What’s types of creative investment vehicles are out there?
- Crowd Funding vs. Venture Debt vs. Traditional VC Funding
- What are the pros and cons of each financing model?
October 16, 2019 - Establish Plan for Debt Financing
- What benefits do entrepreneurs need?
- Why would this financing model be beneficial to entrepreneurs?
- How would the debt investment need to be structured?
- What legal paperwork is required?
- How would this debt investment be framed/marketed to entrepreneurs?
October 17, 2019 - Risk & Growth Analysis
- How does this model scale?
- What are the risks as we scale?
There are no resources currently available