HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- The students will spend the majority of their time at our HQ at 25 Broadway, FL 12, New York, NY 10004. However, there may be opportunities to travel to some of our host sites to meet with our partners around NYC.
- Students will need to secure transportation and lodging on their own.
- This opportunity would be most ideal for students interested in learning more about educational programming geared for low-income families. Students should have taken an intro strategy class. Marketing and finance backgrounds are also helpful. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure project agreement regarding the handling of confidential information and intellectual property.
- Define the role of social enterprises in helping narrow the achievement gap for low-income students and families
- Understand how to conduct informational interviews with customers
- Learn how to differentiate between aligned business opportunities and distractions
- Articulate internal and external forces that influence the triple bottom line
- Enhance relationship-building skills through interactions with the founder, executives and other company employees
Product Design & Development
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
|Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in consulting teams of 3-5 directly with faculty and client liaisons on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.
|Meeting Day & Time
|Student Time Commitment
|1-3 Hours Per Week
|Company Time Commitment
|Touchpoints & Assignments
Key Project Milestones
March 3, 2020 - Part 1: Opportunity Analysis
What outsourced services are in the highest demand across k-12 low-income schools?What services are projected to be in the highest demand across k-12 low-income schools in the next 5 – 10 years?Where are there opportunities to be a first-mover and a second-mover?
Summary of current demand and opportunities.
March 4, 2020 - Part 2: Customer Wants
Informational Insight from customers.- Do you have a job that needs to be done?- Where do you see nonconsumption?- What work-arounds have people invented?- What tasks do people want to avoid?- What surprising uses have customers invented for existing products?
Summary of findings
March 5, 2020 - Part 3: Recommendations
Based on the findings from the first two parts:What services would you recommend Practice Makes Perfect introduce? What is the investment/return timeline?
There are no resources currently available