Capstone – Project
Product and pricing feasibility for a hybrid educational organization
A Collaboration Between
The ABC Club.org is a child-centric digital literacy platform that can be used anywhere so all children have access to develop a high quality reading and writing foundation.
The ABC Club.org has been created by several members of Learning through an Expanded Arts Program, Inc. (LEAP)’s Active Learning Leads to Literacy program that was administered in over 200 New York City public and charter schools and found in longitudinal and qualitative study to have academic gains of 87%.
Some key platform features include:
*learning management system that tracks learner progress and allows for learner differentiation by identifying areas of weakness or proficiency, providing either for looping or advancement based on individual student level
*teaching through the multiple intelligences to reach diversified student needs and learning styles
*gamification and Choose Your Own Adventure digital books that promote global awareness, tolerance and celebration
*mobile adaptaptivity that can be used on cell phones, tablets, computers and has Virtual Reality capability
can work with existing literacy curriculum and teachers or stand on its own for students who cannot attend school
We are a mission driven hybrid social-good, low-profit (L3C) organization. While we are a mission driven organization, we also feel our products can sell in the marketplace and want to constantly innovate. We are exploring pricing models and product feasibility among different markets with various economic constraints. We’d like to make the program available to any student who can benefit from it and are focused on a sliding scale fee model currently. We would like to work CapSource’s Notre Dame MBA experiential learning program to analyze some of the following:
1. Product feasibility and pricing in the US school market
2. Product feasibility and pricing in the Asian markets of China, Korea, India
3. Product feasibility and pricing in the African markets of Egypt, Rwanda, Kenya and South Africa
4. Product feasibility and pricing in the mainstream market pertaining to what would work best:
a. a subscription based service
b. the entire program offering
c. segmented product offering- ie- games, interactive story books, etc.
d. retail offering with either Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, etc.
5. Evaluation of data pertaining to sunk- cost fallacy and/or learning incentivization
a. would a nominal fee such as few cents cause students to invest more in their learning?
b. or would learner incentivization with some type of reward with local businesses,
organizations, or an internal reward such as a free game or additional book increase learner
c. are neither particularly necessary?
6. Are there other organizations that we can partner with in our work?
7. Are there other streams of revenue being overlooked?
8. Analysis of a sliding scale fee basis as a business model.
a. long term growth projections using the model
b. what cost ranges will work best?
c. is this the best model to use to both reach our mission and be profitable?
We don’t expect the students can do all of this work in a few days so it is quite fine to refine this list, however the above are some of the areas we would like to work with the MBA students in evaluating as we refine our own strategies and business model.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
The ABC Club.org
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- Where will the students be going? Please add the specific address including Address, City, State and Zip Code.
- Any required pre-reqs? What should the students know in order to be successful in this engagement?
- If successful, what will the students learn?
Corporate Social Responsibility
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Research & Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
|Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in consulting teams of 3-5 directly with faculty and client liaisons on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.
|Meeting Day & Time
|Student Time Commitment
|1-3 Hours Per Week
|Company Time Commitment
|Touchpoints & Assignments
Key Project Milestones
There are no resources currently available