Capstone – Project
SaaS pricing analysis and recommendation for Mercatus, the leading alternative investment technology platform.
A Collaboration Between
- Work experience is enterprise SaaS preferred
- Familiarity with alternative investments, private equity, and/or project finance preferred
- Hunger to research enterprise software pricing strategies via available online resources
- Students will learn about the $10+ trillion alternative investment industry
- Students will have a deep understanding of alternative investment technology landscape
- Students will learn how to be resourceful and conduct primary and secondary research
- Students will know how to prepare a product pricing analysis
- Students will learn how to deliver an actionable executive presentation to senior leadership
Sales & Business Development
Software Design & Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
|Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in consulting teams of 3-5 directly with faculty and client liaisons on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.
|Meeting Day & Time
|Student Time Commitment
|1-3 Hours Per Week
|Company Time Commitment
|Touchpoints & Assignments
Key Project Milestones
October 17, 2019 - Mercatus pricing strategy analysis and recommendation
Key Milestones & Project Process
- Review of Mercatus product, positioning, and pricing (led by Mercatus Supervisor)
- Review of Mercatus competitive landscape (led by Mercatus Supervisor)
- Summary of the latest trends in enterprise SaaS pricing strategy?
- How are pricing strategies different between vertical and horizontal SaaS?
- How have the following enterprise SaaS companies evolved their pricing strategies? What strategies has directly facilitated growth?
- Specific companies to benchmark key financial KPIs and analyze:
- Direct competitors: eFront, iLevel, AltaReturn, Preqin, Bison
- Public vertical SaaS companies: Veeva, Guidewire
- Public horizontal SaaS companies: Salesforce, Anaplan, Workday
- Asset Management Services Company: RadianGen, Quintas
- Resources: public filings, podcasts, former & current employees interviews, articles, online research, etc. (Note, direct competitor research will be provided by Mercatus).
- Identify the top three key influencers in enterprise SaaS pricing strategy (name, title, background, contact info)
Mercatus will leave it to the students to best determine daily key milestones to meet the final end presentation deliverable. Students will have the Mercatus Supervisor available on site to bounce ideas off and help answer any questions.
90-minute presentation to Mercatus CEO and Director of Product that succinctly summarizes the requirements above and makes a formal recommendation on how Mercatus should improve their own pricing strategy.