Live Case – Project
Use live messaging/conversation data to understand brand affiliation
A Collaboration Between
I run a messaging app with built-in AI that processes approx. a million SMS messages a day across thousands of users in the US. This project would involve taking conversation data we have to build user-friendly analytics for businesses/brands such as word clouds and customer profiles. For example, we found out people who mention “smiles direct club” talk about “golf” most frequently vs. the average person. These types of analytics are becoming commonplace in data-driven advertising and firms like dstillery (dstillery.com) and audience.ai are devoted to this. We have the advantage of having a private real-time data-set.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||The International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)|
|Engagement Format||Live Case - Think "Hackathon" or Case Competition with a whole class of students! This learning format allows educators to deliver experiential learning to students at scale. Students are often split into groups to work on a live case (or a series of cases) from a real host company that directly relates to key learning objectives.|
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
February 14, 2020 - Understand Mei's Current Product & Data Model
- What does Mei do?
- How does it collect data?
- From whom?
Prepare for a kickoff discussion with Mei
March 6, 2020 - How can Mei use their data from an advertising perspective?
- What correlations can Mei draw using their data?
- How is the data visualized to-date?
- What’s the use-case for this data from an advertising perspective?
- How valuable is the data? Who would want to use this data? How much would they be willing to pay for access?
Prepare an overview of Mei’s product extension into advertising
April 3, 2020 - Propose Product Strategy for Go-To-Market
- How can the data be better visualized for the purposes of advertisers?
- What are advertisers looking for?
- What information needs to be included?
Propose sample dashboard based on Mei data and query results that addresses the needs of advertisers
May 8, 2020 - Outline Business Plan
- What’s the problem?
- What’s the product? How does it solve the problem?
- Who’s the target audience? What’s the market size?
- Who are the key competitors?
Final Business Plan Presentation
There are no resources currently available