Capstone – Project
What CSR opportunities do large Wisconsin companies want in 2020?
A Collaboration Between
- What traits occur most commonly among nonprofits they choose to partner with?
- What are common characteristics of the programs to which they devote the greatest financial support?
- What kinds of programs would they like to support that they have not yet come across?
- Become well-acquainted with the corporate partnership opportunities offered by ACS in Wisconsin, and identify the most promising opportunities given the trends uncovered in step 1.
- Additionally, identify any CSR market segments that the American Cancer Society is neglecting to address, and thus missing out on promising opportunities.
- American Cancer Society, N19W24350 Riverwood Dr, Waukesha, WI 53188
- N/A. Project should be approachable and achievable for any MBA candidate.
- To gain a more holistic understanding of the symbiosis between Wisconsin Fortune 1000 companies and nonprofit organizations.
- To research and identify the most common characteristics of nonprofit programs supported by Fortune 1000 companies in WI.
- To analyze the programs and engagement strategy of the American Cancer Society, identify strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy to grow and deepen CSR engagement with Fortune 1000 companies statewide.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
March 3, 2020 - Analysis of Wisconsin CSR relationships
Research and identify the most common characteristics of nonprofit programs supported by a curated list of 10-15 Fortune 1000 companies in WI. Develop a list of commonalities between the 1) nonprofits and 2) programs these companies are choosing to support. Identify desirable traits for ACS to curate and better exhibit.
A high-level but thorough report of research findings, combining quantitative and qualitative analysis, to inform next phase of action.
March 5, 2020 - Develop business/marketing plan
After becoming well-acquainted with the corporate partnership opportunities offered by ACS in Wisconsin, identify the most promising opportunities given the trends uncovered in step 1. Additionally, identify any CSR market segments found in phase 1 that the American Cancer Society is neglecting to address, and thus missing out on promising opportunities.
A business/marketing plan, to inform ACS what current program offerings should be leveraged, or what new program areas should be explored.